Today I wanted to share 10 products that I always buy at Costco. (check out my last grocery shopping haul!)
I dedicate another budget to my Costco trips. I often go every 4 to 6 weekend and usually spend 100$ to 150$.
There are a few things that I like and dislike about shopping at Costco.
What I like about shopping at Costco?
If you want to get the best bang for your buck, go to Costco. They have amazing brands available, and the Kirkland brand is phenomenal with excellent quality.
Most of the time, you are indeed obliged to buy in bulk. But, if you divide the price by the number of items, you will win in the end.
Another great thing is that you can buy Organic items at a way chipper price. Always check the organics items, you will be surprised.
If you have visual problems, take advantage of your membership to buy your glasses, contact lenses and to also do your eye exam. In Canada, it’s 30$ less than going to a regular optometrist.
What don’t I like about shopping at Costco?
The membership fee! You will have to be sure to get it back from the grocery shopping.
I will often not buy vegetables from Costco because we are a family of 2 only! And I don’t want to waste.
10 Products I always buy at Costco:
- Eggs: You know that I love eggs! You will get a pack for 6$.
- Laundry detergent: It’s the cheapest place to buy household supplies. When you compare the price by the litre, you will save for sure.
- Water: Bottled water is costly. You will get 32 for 4$ at Costco.
- Yogurt: I’m addicted to yogurt, especially, natural yogurt. Two packs of 900ml each for 5$ only!
- Sugar: Sugar is way cheaper, but be aware: you will need huge storage for it. It’s a 2kg bag for 4$.
- Honey: The bottle of 3L is 20$.
- Coconut oil: I love Coconut oil and use it as a makeup remover as well as for baking. Cakes with Coconut oil are the best! You will get 2.3kg for 21$.
- Cheese: Grated cheese is the best at Costco. It’s a 1.5kg for 12 or 13$. The other kinds of cheese are often on deals too.
- Sour cream: Only 3$ for 2.
- Ziploc bags: 3 packs of 50 each for 13$.
Costco has sales every week. So, I advise you to wait to get the item you need. And don’t forget, you will maybe spend 15$ on your laundry detergent, but it will last you for ages. This is the thing to keep in mind with Costco!