As you may already know, meal planning is really important for me. It makes me keep focused during my grocery shopping and saves me quite some money!
I’m not a big fan of red meat. I love to eat a good steak at a nice restaurant. But at home, I usually prefer chicken breast and fish. I also love vegetables and fruits. I easily eat 3 to 5 fruits a day! Growing up, my mum made a point of alternating vegetarian meals and meat.
My husband recently watched a documentary on food and health, he is usually a meat lover but decided to restrain his cravings.
So, now, we eat meat 3 times a week only!
Here are the meals I did this week:
- Saturday: I prepared a roasted chicken. It was on deal at Super C, 2 for 12$. I froze the second. The asparagus was only 2.25$. I had a leftover homemade hummus, delicious on a toast.
- Sunday: We ate the leftover chicken and I added a pasta salad.
- Monday: I tried for the first time to make a mushroom risotto in my Actifry which I absolutely love and recommend! The dish turned out delicious.
- Tuesday: I made a lemon, honey salmon with potato fries in my Actifry. A side of lettuce, avocado salad with Maggie sauce. The salmon was on deal 7.99$/lb.
- Wednesday: It was tacos night. Chili chicken tacos.
- Thursday: Eggplant lasagna with no meat.
- Friday: A spinach pie with a side of lettuce salad.
Let me know if you would be interested in any of these recipes.
I don’t use a printable meal plan, but you can find some easily on the internet.